“How much fun can we have before we go to Prison?” was definitely the theme of our trip to Roundtop/Warrenton Antique Week during fall show this last week. So how much fun was it to find this great plaque from Angels, Saints & Sinners?!?!
First, my partner in crime (Tricia, Vintage Bliss) and I had the clever idea to drive straight through from Phoenix to Austin where my sissy Kim was waiting for us to pick her up on the way to the show. I was so excited to see her that 18 hours seemed like no big deal…(pictured below with me in front of the Paris Montana Blacktop Boudoir.)
Along the way, we hit a few bumps in the road: Got stopped by Border Patrol and had to unload half of the trailer, got pulled over AGAIN in Fredricksburg for excessive speed (7 miles over the limit!!!) and, sadly, after taking a Chevy Chaseesque wrong turn down a 2-lane country highway…took out Rocky Raccoon. Sorry little guy!
But once we arrived, got set up and sprinkled pixie glitter all around…the magic took hold! Having my sister Kim working with me rights my world. We are a year and half apart (she’s older dammit!) and my whole life it’s been me and her and nothing seems real until my sister knows…
Par usual, we met all kinda characters, saw old friends, made new ones and reveled in being in a field of wild grasses in the middle or nowhere Texas, that literally overnight transforms from a population of 77 to 4 billion!
A few other highlights….
- Meeting Rachel Ashwell, the Queen of Shabby Chic at the Junk Gypsy Prom
- Wearing my hoopskirt/spare tire cover as my prom dress
- Laughing with Tricia till our sides hurt at all the ridiculous things that happen when two gypsies are staying in a 17 ft trailer together for 10 days…
- Having Angela, my wonderful customer/friend, model (and sell!) one of my rhinestone bib pieces in Magnolia Pearl booth during opening day at Marburger
- Realizing that my fair skinned sister used 237 baby wipes (my entire supply) during her three day stay
- Selling one of my couture rhinestone necklaces to rocker Dee Snyders’ web/social media gal for him to give to his wife for Christmas
- Spaghetti and Disco night at Royers’ Cafe
- Being invited by Junk Mafia guys to call in to their “Junk In My Trunk” radio show
- Watching a guy walk by my trailer with a duck on a leash…
There really is no other place like this in the world. If you haven’t been, mark your calender for the spring show in late March/April (dates TBA). You can find us in the courtyard behind Zapp Hall in Warrenton!
See Ya’ll Down the Road!
Comments are closed.